Monday, July 28, 2008

COMMUNITY BUILDING, BODYWORK, MAITRI PRAYER

Dear Friends, I encourage any of you, if you feel moved, to hold a regular meeting at your house, or to organize a practice group of your own at your church, temple, synagogue, reading hall, and or community center. I am happy to support you in any way I can.

Community building is a wonderful way to deepen your practice. The four years I spent in support of Tuesday Night Mindfulness Group were deeply transformative. There were times I just didn't think I could open the door, and every time, I was so amazed how rich the experience was. The deep listening practice opened new doors in my heart, and in my experience with the practice and with life. All of you were a part of this. To see comments of those who attended Tuesday Nights please see my web-site: www.voicefromthesource.com/tuesdaynights.html, more comments will be added soon.

I plan to facilitate meetings off and on around the Valley and beyond. It is my intention to start a full-service healing center with meditation, bodywork, music, peace dancing, dharma talks (by myself and guest teachers) and housing for dedicated spiritual practitioners. Where and when is in the making.

AUGUST MASSAGE SPECIAL
$55 for sangha members on all treatments. I am a nationally and Nevada State certified massage therapist. I have been in the healing arts for more than ten years, specializing in Thai Massage and Swedish-Deep Tissue. Regular body work is very important for maintaining optimal health and wellness especially for those on the path.

We often have the view in the west of going to the doctor, or seeking professional help only when we "need" it, or in times of emergency. By then, it's often too late; the injury and the illness have already taken shape, and the financial responsibility is far more costly. Regular bodywork can effectively prevent many illnesses, and keep your mind and body in shape for your practice on the path of liberation.

Optimal function of the systems of your body can greatly enhance your sense of well-being, improving mental concentration (your skill in meditation) and improving interpersonal relationships. For more information about massage and bodywork, and also, of starting a practice group of your own, please contact me via e-mail brian@briankimmel.com or give me a call at (702) 461-8422.

THIS WEEK'S MAITRI PRAYER
May all living beings, everywhere, approach their life and relationships with loving-kindness, openness and non-discrimination. May the heart of the cosmos open like a flower in your heart, blooming so that all may benefit from its fragrance and wonder. May all beings everywhere be healthy, safe, happy, peaceful and free.

TLC, Brian

No comments: